"The expertise and modelling tools that CITI brought to bear saw a quantum leap in the quality and, consequently, usefulness of business cases within our retail investment environment"
London Heathrow needed a review of its existing business cases so that they could create consistency across their investment portfolio, as well as across long-term business cases submitted to the Civil Aviation Authority.
In order to maximise the impact of our work and the value to London Heathrow, CITI designed a programme with two strands of activity, based on tried and tested models:
- Aimed at delivery personnel
- Assessing the existing capability
- Focused on Benefits and Impacts then Cost and Risk
- Practical application to real business cases
- Aimed at the sponsor community
- Understanding how business cases are used
- Accountability for business cases
- The role of the business case sponsor
As a result, London Heathrow now have a group of business case authors who adopt a consistent approach and style to producing high quality business cases that are correctly focused. In addition, the sponsorship community now has a clear understanding of how to use and review business cases throughout the project lifecycle. This has enabled them to ensure future income streams and ensure greater control of their investment portfolio.